As the summer heat arrives in Edmonton, so does the sticky and uncomfortable humidity. High humidity levels can make your home feel hot and uncomfortable. It can also lead to mould growth and other problems. Here are some effective ways to combat hum...
As the summer heat arrives in Edmonton, so does the sticky and uncomfortable humidity. High humidity levels can make your home feel hot and uncomfortable. It can also lead to mould growth and other problems. Here are some effective ways to combat humidity and create a cool and pleasant indoor environment.
1. Use a high-efficiency air conditioner. Investing in a high-quality air conditioner designed to handle humidity is crucial. Look for ENERGY STAR-approved air conditioners with features such as variable-speed compressors and dehumidification modes. These units can efficiently cool your space while removing excess moisture from the air.
2. Set the optimal temperature. Finding the right temperature keeps you cool and helps save money on energy bills. The ideal temperature for staying comfortable in summer while promoting energy efficiency is around 24 to 26 C. Avoid setting your thermostat extremely low, as it can lead to increased humidity and higher energy consumption.
3. Regularly clean and replace air filters. Dirty air filters obstruct airflow, reduce cooling performance and contribute to higher humidity levels. Regularly clean or replace your air filters according to the manufacturer’s recommendations.
4. Properly size your air conditioner. Ensure your air conditioner is the proper size for your space. A unit that’s too small will struggle to remove humidity, and an oversized unit may cool the room too quickly, leading to inadequate dehumidification. Ask a professional HVAC technician to determine the right size and capacity for your needs.
5. Maximize ventilation and air circulation. Improving ventilation and air circulation can help reduce humidity levels. Use ceiling fans or portable fans to keep the air moving, promoting evaporation and a more comfortable environment. Open windows and doors when outdoor conditions are less humid, allowing fresh air to flow through the house.
6. Be mindful of your activities. Cooking, showering and running the dryer all add moisture to the air. Try to do these activities during cooler times of day or night, or use a fan to help ventilate the area.
Air Conditioners and Dehumidifiers In Edmonton
Modern Air & Water offers air conditioners from top industry names like Lennox. Our technicians provide installation services and 24/7 emergency repairs for Edmonton homeowners. Don’t let humidity dampen your summer spirit — contact Modern Air & Water to talk to one of our home comfort experts about a solution that’s right for you.